Nassau Swimming Pigs tours are now the most in demand tours and excursions within the Bahamas. Thousands of visitors to the Bahamas are looking for the best Nassau to Pig Beach excursion to get them up close and personal to the famous Bahamas Swimming Pigs. With many different tours, modes of transport and experiences on offer this short guide will inform you of the best way to find your perfect Pig Beach excursion from Nassau.
Where can you swim with pigs?
Pig Beach is located in the Exuma Islands of the Bahamas. The Pig Island is also known as Big Major Cay, and you can visit it by taking a Nassau Swimming Pigs tour to nearby Staniel Cay. Want to know where is Pig Island? Visit our informative Pig Beach map page.
Staniel Cay is the hub and gateway to the Swimming Pigs Bahamas. This is because Staniel Cay is home to a full service marina and airport. A flight from Nassau to Staniel Cay is only 30 minutes, however a powerboat ride from Nassau to Staniel Cay can take 2 to 3 hours depending on the sea conditions.
Nassau Swimming Pigs Tours: What to consider
Here are some useful considerations for choosing the right Pig Island tours from Nassau:
- Plane vs Boat: Would you prefer a short 30 minute flight from Nassau to Pig Beach or a 2 to 3 hour power boat ride?
- How long do you want to spend visiting the Nassau Swimming Pigs? Generally tours by plane, because of the quicker journey time, allow more time at pig beach.
- What else do you want to see on a Nassau to Exuma Day Trip? It’s not just about swimming with Pigs in the Exumas, there are many great things to do in Exuma including Swimming with Sharks or Snorkelling into the James Bond Thunderball Grotto.
- How much do you want spend on a Swim with Pigs excursion? Different tours have different price points. Swimming Pigs tours by Plane are generally around $500 per person, whilst powerboat tours can be as low as $350 per person.
- Do you want to have a guaranteed departure? Nassau Swimming pigs tours by plane are rarely cancelled because of bad weather, whereas the powerboat tours can be cancelled at very late notice (often the night before) when the wind speeds increase and cause poor sea conditions for boats.
Nassau to Pig Beach by Plane
Our favourite and most convenient way to visit the Swimming Pigs Bahamas is by plane. With only a short 30 minute flight from Nassau to Pig Beach, not only does it save time but you get amazing views of the Exuma Cays and private islands of Hollywood film stars on the way from Nassau to Staniel Cay.
Another benefit is that all the Nassau Swimming Pigs tours by plane will have much longer in their itinerary around Staniel Cay, so guests will have time to visit the Thunderball Grotto, Sand Bar, Iguanas, underwater plane wreck aswell as have time to dine at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club.
Swim with Pigs Excursion by Powerboat
The second option for a Nassau Swimming Pigs adventure is to take a powerboat tour from Nassau to Exuma. Whilst the powerboat journey is much more slower than compared to flying, the main benefit of the Nassau to Pig Beach powerboat is the cheaper price. Which makes visiting the Bahamas Swimming Pigs from Nassau more affordable for large families.
Want to book a Swimming with Pigs tour to Pig Beach in the Exumas? Then be sure to contact one of our Swimming with Pigs Experts via our contact form.